Transport Manufacturing: Introduction
The transport manufacturing industry is composed of companies that manufacture vehicles, vehicle parts, and the infrastructure that supports them. This business of planes, trains, and automobiles plays an important role in sustaining the global nature of the lives most people lead—getting products made all over the world to local retailers.
The Transport Manufacturing industry is Fragmented. The production in this industry is divided among a few different companies, however, no single firm has large enough share of the market to be able to influence the industry's direction or price levels.
Primary Demand Drivers
- Domestic manufacturing output
- Levels of international trade
- Outsourcing of logistics services
- Efficient operations
- Extensive relationships in shipper and carrier networks
- Covering all modes of operation (transport, warehousing, handling, packaging, labeling and assembling)