Media and Communications: Introduction
Media and communications is a collection of companies involved in telecommunications equipment and services, television and radio broadcasting, motion picture/video production, and publishing. The media and communications industry makes the world a smaller place by entertaining, informing, and connecting people around the world.
The Media and Communications industry is Highly Concentrated. The production in this industry is dominated by a small amount of large firms that are able to shape the industry’s direction and price levels.
Primary Demand Drivers
- Technological innovation
- Growth in business activity and advertising
- Consumer demographics
- Consumer leisure activity
- Effective marketing and advertising volume
- Marketibility of products
- Finding and keeping the right talent
- Programming mix
- Identifying new sources of financing
- Improving digital technology