Job Bank >> Laval University
LocationQuebec City, Quebec, Canada
Start DateJanuary 1, 2020
DeadlineSeptember 1, 2019
UNIVERSITÉ LAVAL FACULTÉ DES SCIENCES DE L’ADMINISTRATION
Département de marketing Located in Quebec City, a world heritage site, Université Laval is the first French-language university in the Americas. It is part of the top 50 research universities in Canada, ranked 6th with research funding in excess of 370 million dollars last year. Université Laval welcomes over 48,000 students, 13,000 of which are enrolled at the graduate and doctoral levels. With its world-class programs, over 100 faculty members, and renowned research scientists, the Faculty of Business Administration at Université Laval (FSA ULaval) allies performance, ethics, and sustainable development. It is one of the most modern business schools in Canada. Guided by the visionary spirit of its founders, FSA ULaval has been a leader since 1924. This constant search for excellence allowed the Faculty to become, in 1995, the first non-English business school to be accredited by the AACSB –The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. Coupled with the EQUIS accreditation granted by the European Foundation for Management Development, FSA ULaval belongs to a select group of business schools that hold both accreditations. In addition to encouraging innovative research, FSA ULaval offers world-class education in business at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral levels, as well as executive education for managers and leaders.
The Marketing Department is recruiting professors in marketing, namely in the areas of international marketing, digital marketing, sales management, and communication - public relations – services marketing.
- Teaching and supervising undergraduate and graduate students.
- Research and publication in fields related to the position.
- Participation in teaching and administrative activities of the Department and the Faculty.
- Participation in academic activities, off-campus and abroad, that contribute to the visibility of the University and the Faculty.
- Ph. D. in Business Administration (preferably in Marketing) or Ph.D. in other relevant field. Doctoral students with significant progress towards their degree (i.e. ABD) will be considered.
- Ability to conduct high-quality scholarly work demonstrated namely by research funding and/or relevant publications in peer-reviewed journals related to the field.
- Demonstrated ability to teach at both undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Demonstrated ability to teach in French and English.
The candidate who does not master the French language at hiring is expected to be able to teach in French within three years of hiring.
Job Type: Full-time tenure track
Salary: In accordance with the Collective Agreement (http://www.rh.ulaval.ca/sgc/accueil/enseignant_recherche/professeurs/cc_spul)
Starting Date: January 1, 2020
Persons interested in applying for the position are invited to submit, before September 1, 2019, to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, an application file that includes a letter of intent, a detailed curriculum vitae, a transcript of graduate studies, and course evaluations for the last two years. At least one (1) letter of reference must be sent directly to the above email address by the candidate’s respondent. The hiring committee may ask candidates for supplementary information. All qualified candidates are welcomed to apply. However, Canadians and Permanent Residents will be given priority.
Université Laval is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and we encourage applications by women candidates and minorities.