- Chief of State:
- President Aleksandar Vucic
- Head of Government:
- Prime Minister Ana Brnabic
- Government Name:
- Republic of Serbia
- Adopted: 2006; This new constitution was necessary when Serbia became an independent state following Montenegro's secession and the dissolution of Serbia and Montenegro. The constitution guarantees human and minority rights, the abolition of capital punishment, and bans human cloning. It also assigns the Serbian Cyrillic alphabet as the official script while minority languages are only meant to be used at local levels according to provisions.
- Government Type:
Index of Economic Freedom
Country Risk Rating
|Main Powers||Election Process||Election Cycle 1|
Decisions regarding foreign policy, declaring a state of war and immediate danger of war, and passing enactments falling within the competence of the National Assembly for the duration of such a situation.
President is elected by an absolute majority vote through a two-round system. Prime minister is elected by parliament.
Reviews and possibly overturns previous rulings made by lower courts.
Proposed by High Judicial Council (HJC) and elected by the National Assembly.
Adopts and amends the Constitution, elects Government, appoints and dismisses Constitutional Court judges, president of the Supreme Court of Cassation, Governor of the National Bank of Serbia and other state officials.
National Assembly (Narodna skupština) members are elected through a closed-list proportional representation system.
Regional Trade Blocs
International Organization Participation 
Environmental Agreements 
Tax Information 
- Tax Authority:
- Poreska Uprava Republike Srbije
- Tax Name:
- ElectionGuide http://www.electionguide.org/
- EY, http://www.ey.com
- CIA World Factbook, https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/
- U.S. Bilateral Relations Fact Sheets http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/