Copenhagen Business School
Professorship in India Studies
Copenhagen Business School (CBS) invites applications for a vacant Professorship in India Studies at Asia Research Centre, the Department of International Economics and Management.
Examples of research areas that the professor might cover:
- Political and economic development of India
- Operations and investments of foreign companies in India
- Internationalization processes of Indian companies
- Relationships between Indian and foreign organizations
The successful candidate’s research will emphasize political, economic and institutional analysis on the one hand, and strategic, organizational and/or managerial aspects of business development in India, and in the broader context of Asia on the other.
The successful applicant must have an international profile, a strong record of research publications, and teaching experience in India Studies. He or she must be capable of providing dynamic leadership. To fulfill the research requirements of the position, the applicant chosen will be expected to be physically present on a regular basis and actively participate in the teaching and research activities of the Department as well as maintaining and establishing broad links across CBS.
A special responsibility of successful candidate will be to further develop the India-related research initiatives at the Asia Research Centre in synergy with the centre’s research activities on China, Japan, and Southeast Asia. This includes hosting workshops and conferences and initiating international research programmes as well as taking part in the centre’s publication programme.
- Candidates must document a high degree of relevant, original and up-to-date scientific publications at an international level within the areas covered by the department.
- Importance is put on the candidate’s ability to undertake research management and other relevant management functions.
- The candidate should be able to document pedagogical qualifications, good teaching evaluations, and the ability to innovate within the educational field.
- CBS emphasises the candidate’s ability to establish productive contacts with the business community.
- The candidate must demonstrate ability to secure significant external research funding
- The applicant must have professional proficiency in English (written and spoken).
For further information – use this link http://www.cbs.dk/cbs/jobs-paa-cbs/ledige-stillinger - and choose the link ‘Professorship in India Studies’
Closing date: 15. October 2013.