Boise State University
Boise State University announces the search for Dean of the College of Business and Economics.
The successful candidate will lead a college with a state-of-the art facility, outstanding faculty and staff, and a driven student body. Boise State is a metropolitan research university in Idaho’s capital, a hub for technology and science start-ups that ranks among America’s best and most affordable places to live and work. COBE houses several business support centers and promotes teaching, research and collaboration opportunities within the college and the business community with an aim towards the commercialization of technology and agriculture products. (http://cobe.boisestate.edu/businessresources). With more than 3,100 undergraduate and 300 graduate students, COBE offers undergraduate degrees in Accountancy, Economics, Finance, Information Technology, International Business, Management, Marketing, and Supply Chain Management. Graduate degrees include: MBAs in Career Start Master, Professional Master, and Executive Master; the M.S. in Accountancy; M.S. in Accountancy with Taxation Emphasis; and the concurrent J.D. and M.S.A.T in partnership with the University of Idaho College of Law. One of 5% of business schools with AACSB accreditation, COBE is among an elite group worldwide with AACSB accreditation for the business school and the accountancy program. COBE is headquartered in a new $45 million building with cutting-edge classroom design and technology, tech-savvy team rooms, a financial trading room and real-time learning lab.
The Search Committee seeks candidates with a Doctorate in a business (or closely related) discipline, strong research record, or combination of education/business experience.
Other desired attributes include:
- Experience in leading faculty/staff to develop and implement a meaningful strategic plan
- Ability to bridge academic and business cultures and communicate with internal and external stakeholders, as well as having an appreciation for the region
- Proven commitment to diversity and to strategies that incorporate the contributions of students, faculty, and staff from all backgrounds
- Vision to expand COBE’s global impact, including study and internship abroad programs, international faculty exchanges, and to advance a campus environment where students from around the world are welcomed and supported
- Proven ability to raise funds from public and private sources
- Ability to pursue new delivery systems for instruction that are appropriate for a 21st century business school.
For a detailed position profile see: www.academic-search.com/data/files/BoiseStateCOBEDeanProfile.pdf
The Committee will accept confidential applications and nominations until the position is filled. For best consideration, materials should be received by December 10, 2013. Initial interviews will be set in early January. Please include a letter describing relevant experiences and interest in the position, a CV, and five references with contact information. Nominations should include a detailed letter and contact information on the nominee. Submit materials electronically to BoiseCOBEDean@academic-search.com. For confidential conversations regarding nominations or applications, contact John B. Hicks, Senior Consultant Academic Search, Inc. at John.email@example.com or 205-345-7221.
Boise State University is an equal opportunity employer. The university is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants for employment as provided for by federal, state, and local law.