Dublin City University
Dublin City University Business School (DCUBS)
The University invites applications for the following appointments, which are of key strategic importance.
DCU Business School provides a vibrant learning environment and a wide range of programs at undergraduate, postgraduate and executive levels. A large and growing community of doctoral students provide a lively and exciting research environment The School places strong emphasis on excellence in teaching, scholarship and research, on international collaboration and on engagement with industry.
- Professor of Management (10 year contract) Due to retirement of the post holder, applications are now invited for the post of Professor of Management. We are looking for a talented and inspiring academic leader, with a proven track record, for this key leadership role within the School and its future positioning in international and national contexts. Salary scale Professor: €106,516 - €136,276 Appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Lectureships in Accounting (5 year contract) The successful candidate will have teaching and research experience in Accounting and will be expected to play an active role in the Accounting Group and in the School more widely. Expertise in advanced financial reporting and a professional accounting qualification are desirable.
- Lectureship in Entrepreneurship (5 year contract) The successful candidate will have demonstrated expertise in the areas of entrepreneurship and family business. Experience in leading an undergraduate capstone entrepreneurship course would be an advantage. The candidate will be expected to possess industry networks and an ability to generate funding that will support the DCU Centre for Family Business.
- Lectureship in Finance (5 year contract) An ability to teach across a range of finance subjects is required and the successful candidate must be able to teach risk management and financial engineering modules to masters level. The successful candidate will have an established research agenda with publications in high quality journals.
- Lectureship in Human Resource Management (5 year contract) We seek a candidate with a specialist interest in human resource development (HRD) and learning. CIPD qualification is desirable. The successful candidate will have displayed evidence of publication in high quality international journals and will have demonstrated success in attracting competitive research funding. In addition the successful candidate will have developed international networks and research collaborations.
- Lectureship in Management (5 year contract) Relevant teaching and research experience are required. All areas of management will be considered, with experience in the areas of Strategy, Management & Organizational Analysis or Operations Management preferable.
- Lectureship in Marketing (5 year contract) The successful candidate will have relevant teaching and research experience. The School is particularly interested in candidates with expertise in digital marketing / social media marketing.
Salary Scales: Lecturer above bar: €50,159 - €76,891 Lecturer below bar: €41,502 - €51,724 €37,352 - €46,552*
*Applies to new entrants to the public sector after 01 January 2011. Appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Closing date: Friday 2nd May 2014
Interviews for these positions will take place in June 2014.
Informal enquires: Dr Anne Sinnott, Executive Dean DCUBS, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +353 (0)1 700 5396
Application Procedure: Application forms and full job descriptions for the above positions are available at: http://www4.dcu.ie/hr/vacancies/current.shtml and from the Human Resources Department, Dublin City University, Dublin 9, Ireland
Tel: (01) 700 5149 Fax: (01) 700 5500
Dublin City University is an equal opportunities employer.