Assistant Professor Job Requirements
- A PhD in strategy or international business from an AACSB or EQUIS accredited business school. Current doctoral students must have successfully defended their dissertation by June 2015.
- MBA or other master’s degree in business. Non-academic work experience is a plus.
- Track record of excellence in teaching strategy courses to undergraduate or MBA students.
- Evidence of research potential (publications, pipeline). We value journal articles for academic and practitioner audiences, peer-reviewed books, teaching cases, and other teaching material.
- Willingness to teach strategy courses in both the undergraduate and MBA programs.
Babson College, located 14 miles west of Boston, is an independent school of management that takes a unique approach to preparing undergraduates, graduate students, and working professionals for the challenges of the modern business world. For the past 20 years, it has been ranked #1 in entrepreneurship by U.S. News & World Report. The college prizes teaching excellence and takes pride in its reputation for A+ teaching by its faculty.
Babson has nearly 2,000 full-time undergraduate students and more than 1,300 full and part-time graduate students. Our highly diverse student body hails from 45 U.S. states and 57 countries. Non-U.S. student comprise more than 20% of undergraduate students and more than 40% of our full time graduate students. Babson offers a Bachelor of Science degree, MS and MBA programs, and executive education programs worldwide.
We will be interviewing a select few candidates at the AOM Annual Meeting in Philadelphia. If you wish to be considered, please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae by July 15, 2014 using Babson’s online hiring system at https://babson.peopleadmin.com/
Submit the complete application material by September 15, 2014 using Babson’s online hiring system at https://babson.peopleadmin.com/.
The complete application includes: 1) letter of application or cover letter, 2) curriculum vitae that includes teaching, research, and work experience, 3) teaching statement, 4) research statement, 5) evidence of teaching effectiveness (e.g. student survey results, syllabi, innovative teaching materials, etc.) and 6) evidence of research effectiveness (e.g. published papers, cases, etc.) Please do not email materials and do not submit recommendation letters until requested.
For more information contact the search committee chair, Associate Professor Gaurab Bhardwaj at email@example.com or 781-239-5701.
Babson is an equal opportunity employer. Position availability subject to change.