Asian Business & Management
Asian Business & Management (ABM) invites proposals for a special issue to be published in December 2017.
Please submit your proposal to the Editor-in-Chief (Michael A. Witt, firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following information:
- The names, contact details, and positions of the proposed Guest Editor(s). Please include brief biographical details.
- The title of the proposed special issue.
- An indication of the type of special issue--invited submissions, open call for paper submissions, or a mix.
- If there is to be an open call for papers: a one-page draft “Call for Papers” indicating the theme of the special issue, key topics, and methodological considerations (if any).
- For any invited papers: 300-word abstracts of the planned invited contributions, plus information about the authors and a confirmation of their commitment.
- Two to three pages on the rationale of the proposal, its intended scope, its intended contribution relative to existing knowledge, and its fit vis-a-vis ABM editorial policy (http://www.palgrave-journals.com/abm/journal/v11/n1/full/abm201123a.html).
Please submit your proposal by 31 May 2016. A committee of the editors of ABM will assess all received proposals and announce their decision by 11 June 2016.
Guest editors will be responsible for ensuring that the special issue adheres to our editorial policy and formal guidelines. All manuscripts, including invited pieces, will undergo a standard double-blind review. Guest editors are expected to contribute a substantively meaningful editorial for the special issues. Guest editors may submit their own papers for the special issue; review of these papers will be handled by a regular Editor of the journal, and acceptance is subject to the same standards as any other papers submitted to ABM.
The approximate timeline of the special issue is as follows:
- 31 May 2016: Submission deadline for proposals
- June 2016: Issue of public “Call for Papers” for the special issue
- Late November 2016: Deadline for first submission of papers, begin of review process
- September 2017: Deadline for submission of final manuscripts to publisher (precise date TBC)
For any questions, please contact me at email@example.com.