Escola de Adminstistacao de Empresas de Sao Paulo
The Escola de Administracao de Empresas de Sao Paulo (São Paulo Business Administration School) invites applications for a full-time faculty position in Strategic Management and/or Entrepreneurship, beginning February 2011. This is position combines research with teaching in the School’s master’s and PhD programs in Strategic Management. The School is an academic unit of Fundacao Getulio Vargas that concentrates on research and teaching in the various fields of management and organizations. The explicit objective of this hiring is to strengthen the scientific productivity of the School in the field of Strategy through the addition of a researcher with a relevant publication record.
EAESP is AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA accredited. It is a leading Business School in Latin America ranked second in the FT Master in Management 2010 Ranking (CEMS alliance) and 22nd in the FT EMBA 2010 Ranking (One MBA). Founded in 1954, the school was a pioneer in teaching Business Administration in Brazil. Vitality, innovation and international excellence have marked FGV-EAESP's history, both in the education of young students for careers in public and private organizations in Brazil and abroad, and in helping executives to further develop their education. Doing state-of-the-art, innovative and relevant knowledge is another trademark of the School. Academic research, published in the top Brazilian and international journals and in influential books, contributes to the development and diffusion of managerial knowledge in Brazil and to the excellence of its programs. Teachers and researchers in the best universities in Brazil have been educated at the institution. Applied research, especially through its applied research centers, make FGV-EAESP, as a part of Fundacao Getulio Vargas, an international think tank that is responsible for generating important knowledge for the Brazilian society and the world.
For more information on EAESP, please see our website at http://eaesp.fgvsp.br/en.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct original, high quality scholarly research for publication in leading academic journals.
- Supervise graduate students.
- Teach in the School’s master’s and PhD programs, occasionally in undergraduate courses. The expected teaching load is 180h per year.
- Participate on school-wide service committees.
- Doctor Degree (doctoral candidates close to completion will be considered).
- Potential to publish in high-tier journals in the field of Strategic Management and/or Entrepreneurship, assessed through the track of publications in qualified Brazilian and/or international peer-reviewed journals.
- Insertion in the international academic community, through conference attendances, editorial boards, research groups, etc.
- Ability to submit, and to engage in, research projects supported by government and non-government agencies.
- Substantiated ability to teach in English.
- Full-time dedication.
- Teaching experience is a plus.
SALARY: Salary will be commensurate with experience
APPOINTMENT STATUS: Regular, full-time faculty appointment
PROPOSED STARTING DATE: Proposed starting date is February 2011
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Qualified candidates may e-mail their vita and list of published articles in the last five years to Departamento de Administracao Geral e Recursos Humanos (ADM) of FGV-EAESP c/o Mrs. Licia Araki (email@example.com).
DEADLINE: November 20, 2010