Universidad EAFIT was founded in 1960 as Colombia's first business school and since then it has grown into a university with more than 22,000 students pertaining to 21 undergraduate, 79 graduate (Masters and Graduate Diplomas) and 4 Ph.D. programs.
The Department of International Business offers Colombia's leading undergraduate International Business program with over 1,100 students. It also offers a Master in International Business (MIB), postgraduate diploma in International Business, and the IB department is a forerunner in International Business research in the country. To expand its international fulltime staff, the Department is opening a new academic position for the International Trade academic area, starting in January 2017.
Candidates should have received their Master’s degree, Ph.D. degree or be near completion of a Ph.D. program in an International business-related field and have a demonstrated track record of publications and teaching in the areas of Intercultural management, intercultural communication or related fields. Excellent English and Spanish communication skills are a must.
The newly recruited academic is expected to teach intercultural -related courses in English at the undergraduate and graduate levels, and to undertake research in the same academic area. Publications in top-tier peer-reviewed journals are required.
- Proficiency in English language with a minimum level of B2 – C1 (Common European Framework). Proficiency in Spanish language with a minimum level of B2 in the DELE test (Instituto Cervantes). Three to five years of teaching (full-time equivalence) and research experience in international trade-related areas, or five to seven years of work experience in the field.
- Specific knowledge and/or experience in international trade-related activities in the Colombian and/or Latin-American context.
- The ability to teach undergraduate and graduate courses and to develop research projects within the scope of the academic area.
- Publications in type A journals (Colciencias, Colombia): a minimum of one publication out or five or three out of seven, depending on the publications record of the candidate.
- Teaching and research activities plan for the next five years.
- Teaching audition on a selected topic within the scope of the academic area (presented in English language).
If selected to continue on the process, candidates should provide evidence and official support of the requirements listed above.
The selected professor will fill a full-time Professor Position for the academic área of Intercultural Management at the Department of International Business. Activities such as teaching, research, academic administration and social engagement are expected to be performed.
Type of contract: (1) one-year contract with possibilities to be extended for another year or turning to an indefinite term contract if making part of the Carrera Académica. In order to make part of the Carrera Académica the selected professor should comply with requirements established in the Estatuto Profesoral de la Universidad EAFIT.
Basic monthly Salary: from 4’800.000 COP to 9’000.000 COP approximately.
There are (15) fifteen payments within a year considering also legal and extra-legal benefits offered by the Universidad EAFIT to all its employees and their families. Note: Salaries will increase each year according to decisions made by the Board of Directors. Moreover, if the selected professor makes part of the Carrera Académica, the salary could increase when upgrading his/her category according to the requirements published in the Estatuto Profesoral de la Universidad EAFIT.
Universidad EAFIT’s main campus with temporary assignments to other cities and/or countries.
Universidad EAFIT – Main Campus: Carrera 49 No. 7 Sur 50 Medellin, Colombia (South America).
Candidates must email a CV and letter of interest describing research and teaching interests, by October 15th, 2015 at the latest, to:
María Paola Podestá
Head of Department of International Business
Carrera 49 No. 7 Sur 50 Medellin, Colombia (South America) Tel.: +574-2619500 ext. 9840 Fax: +574-2664284
For additional information please contact:
Maria Paola Podesta Correa: email@example.com
Juan Carlos Díaz Vásquez: firstname.lastname@example.org