Doshisha University is one of the oldest and most prestigious private universities in Japan, situated in Kyoto. Launched in 2009 the Global MBA (GMBA) is an exciting new project at Doshisha University, which aims to bring forth a new generation of conscientious business leaders capable of redefining global business models to put people and the wellbeing of communities first. The Global MBA programme at Doshisha is seeking applications for one faculty position (Assistant or Associate Professor) in the areas of Accounting and Finance. The appointee is expected to take an active lead in teaching and the development of the programme in line with our mission of business education.
Modules to be taught
- Required modules are (1) Finance, (2) Accounting, and (3) Research project and solution report (master thesis).
- In addition, two modules in the area of either Finance or Accounting will be required.
- Applicants should hold Ph.D. in Finance or Accounting and be able to demonstrate accomplishments in research and teaching at an AACSB or EQUIS accredited programme. Applicants with extensive practical business experience within the fields of Finance and Accounting who hold a masters degree or equivalent qualifications will be also considered.
- We are keen to recruit those who are active in research and innovative in developing our GMBA programme.
- All nationalities are welcome.
Conditions of employment
- Duration of contract: Three years
- Start date: October 1, 2011
- Successful applicants should be able to reside in Kyoto or in the Kansai (Kyoto/Osaka/Kobe) region.
- Average annual salary at Doshisha University is 7,500,000 yen (gross) for an assistant/associate position at the age of 35.
- Applicants should send a cover letter, curriculum vitae and list of publications by April 18 th, 2011 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shortlisted applicants will be requested for an interview and a trial lecture on May 16th or 17th 2011. Additional materials, including a course syllabus and details of your publications, should be sent when applicants are shortlisted.
- For additional information and enquiries, please contact to Ms. Shizu Mizuno email@example.com, (Telephone: +81-075-251-4600) or Prof. Yuzo Murayama (Dean, Doshisha Business School).
- The Global MBA website can be found at http://gmba.doshisha.ac.jp/