Copenhagen Business School
Copenhagen Business School invites applications for vacant assistant/associate professorships in Strategic and International Management at the Department of Strategic Management & Globalization (SMG). The positions will involve research and teaching within the area of Strategic and International Management, as well as collaboration with the business community.
The department employs an international group of 24 faculty members including 7 PhD students.
The core research areas of the Department of Strategic Management and Globalization (SMG) are strategic and international management. This includes themes like the creation and implementation of global strategies, HQ-subsidiary relations, offshoring and internationalization of firms, the role of individuals and teams in knowledge-based competitive advantage, strategic entrepreneurship, strategic alliances, strategic risk management, and the impact of informal and formal structures on firm performance and innovation. It is the ambition of the Department to develop into Northern Europe’s leading research department in strategic management and international business.
SMG Faculty teaches at all levels, from the bachelor level to the PhD level, and is strongly engaged in course development and innovation of teaching programs. Teaching responsibilities of the Department comprise undergraduate and graduate teaching in strategic and international management.
The assistant professorship is a non-tenured position of 4 years with research and teaching obligations. This is an opportunity to join an expanding department with good possibilities for further growth. The associate professorship is a tenured position with research and teaching obligations.
To fulfill the research requirements of the position, the applicant chosen is expected to be physically present on a regular basis and actively participate in the teaching and research activities of the Department. The successful applicant of the assistant professorship is obliged to participate in the assistant professor program at CBS on teaching principles and methods in order to fulfill the pedagogical requirements made at the end of the term of employment
• Teaching and associated examination in existing CBS programs, including Executive Education
• Rejuvenating existing sessions, courses and teaching programs and contributing to innovative new ones
• Individual and group based research meeting high international standards
• Promoting CBS’s academic reputation
• Initiating, fund raising and coordinating research projects
• Promoting the teaching and research capabilities of Copenhagen Business School and other relevant assignments at Copenhagen Business School
• Contributing to the administrative responsibilities of the Department and to CBS-wide tasks
• Communicating findings to the public in general and to CBS’s stakeholders in particular, including participating in the public debate.
• Research meeting high international standards, including responsibility for the academic development of the relevant discipline
• Responsibility for publishing, scientific communication and research-based teaching
• Active participation in the regular research activities, such as research seminars, workshops and conferences.
The successful applicants professor are expected to contribute to the development and application of the research of the department’s research areas and to maintain and strengthen CBS’s international research position.
• Advanced degree in an appropriate field
• Documented teaching qualifications or other material for the evaluation of his/her pedagogical level
• Documented research production at a high international level, including publications in the field’s internationally recognized journals
The applicant must hold a PhD or the equivalent. Emphasis is placed on the applicant’s research potential, which means that a researcher with a large research potential may be preferred to a researcher with a large research production. Applicants for the Associate professorship without appropriate teaching experience will be appointed on a probationary period of up to 1½ years.
Copenhagen Business School has a broad commitment to the excellence, distinctiveness and relevance of its teaching and research programs. Candidates who wish to join us should demonstrate enthusiasm for working in an organization of this type (highlighting, for example, relevant business, educational and dissemination activities).
For further information please contact: Head of Department Nicolai J. Foss, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about the department may be found at www.cbs.dk/smg.
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Central Academic Organization.
Application must be sent via the electronic recruitment system, using the link below.
Application must include:
1. A statement of application.
2. Proof of qualifications and a full CV.
3. Documentation of relevant, significant, original research at an international level, including publications in the field’s internationally recognized journals and citations in the Social Science Citation Index and/or Google Scholar.
4. Documentation of teaching qualifications or other material for the evaluation of his/her pedagogical level.
5. Information indicating experience in research management, industry co-operation and international co-operation.
6. A complete, numbered list of publications (indicating titles, co-authors, page numbers and year) with an * marking of the academic productions to be considered during the review. A maximum of 10 publications for review are allowed. Applicants are requested to prioritize their publications in relation to the field of this job advertisement.
7. Copies of the publications marked with an *. Only publications written in English (or another specified principal language, according to research tradition) or one of the Scandinavian languages will be taken into consideration).
An expert committee will be reviewing the received job applications. The committee’s recommendation of each candidate will be submitted to the person in question.
Closing date: 03 February 2012
Copenhagen Business School must receive all application material, including all appendices (see items above), by the application deadline.
Details about Copenhagen Business School and the department are available at www.cbs.dk.