- Chief of State:
- President Issac Herzog
- Head of Government:
- Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu
- Government Name:
- State of Israel
- No formal constitution, but has separate "Basic Laws" that establish a parliamentary system as a democratic republic, declares territories, freedoms of citizens, and separation of powers among executive, legislative, and judicial branches.
- Government Type:
- Parliamentary Democracy
Index of Economic Freedom
Country Risk Rating
|Main Powers||Election Process||Election Cycle 1|
The president is largely a ceremonial role. The president designates a prime minister to head the government. The prime minister is responsible for the executive tasks of the government.
The president is elected by parliament. The prime minister is appointed by the president.
President: 7 years; Prime Minister: 4 years
Highest court of the land and is responsible for upholding the law during conflicts.
Judges are selected by the judicial selection committee, made up of all three branches of the government and chaired by the minister of justice.
Mandatory retirement age of 70
Approves the designated prime minister, can have a no-confidence vote and dissolve government, and is responsible for creating legislature.
120 members are elected through a closed-list proportional representation system.
Regional Trade BlocsNo Regional Trade Blocs
International Organization Participation 
Environmental Agreements 
Tax Information 
- Tax Authority:
- Israel Tax Authority
- Tax Name:
- ElectionGuide http://www.electionguide.org/
- EY, http://www.ey.com
- CIA World Factbook, https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/
- U.S. Bilateral Relations Fact Sheets http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/