- Chief of State:
- President Gitanas Nauseda
- Head of Government:
- Prime Minister Saulius Skvernelis
- Government Name:
- Republic of Lithuania
- Adopted: 1992; Serves as the legal foundation for all laws passed in the Republic of Lithuania. The modern constitution discusses human rights, government, parliament, the president, and the constitutional court.
- Government Type:
- Parliamentary Democracy
Index of Economic Freedom
Country Risk Rating
|Main Powers||Election Process||Election Cycle 1|
The president figure is head of government of Lithuania. The prime minister serves as the head of the executive arm of Lithuania's government.
The president is elected by plurality vote. The prime minister is appointed by the president with the approval of the Lithuanian Parliament.
Supreme Court has jurisdiction over all judicial matters. The Constitutional Court is responsible for presiding over constitutional matters.
Supreme Court judges nominated by the president and appointed by the Seimas. Constitutional Court judges selected by Seimas from among nominations by the president, by the Seimas chairperson, and Supreme Court chairperson.
Supreme Court: 5 years; Constitutional Court: 9 years
Sets up committees for the purpose of consideration of draft laws and other matters, adopt legislation, parliamentary scrutiny, and have wide powers to make decisions regarding various European Union affairs as all permanent committees take part in the consideration of EU matters.
71 members are elected by absolute majority vote in single-member constituencies and 70 members are elected through an open-list proportional representation system.
Regional Trade Blocs
International Organization Participation 
Environmental Agreements 
Tax Information 
- Tax Authority:
- Ministry of Finance & State Tax Inspectorate
- Tax Name:
- ElectionGuide http://www.electionguide.org/
- EY, http://www.ey.com
- CIA World Factbook, https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/
- U.S. Bilateral Relations Fact Sheets http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/