- Chief of State:
- President Zuzana Caputová
- Head of Government:
- Prime Minister Peter Pellegrini
- Government Name:
- Slovak Republic
- Adopted: 1992; According to lawyers, some parts of the constitution were prepared so hastily that they are almost impossible to execute. It is divided into 9 sections with headings such as fundamental rights and freedoms, the office of the public prosecutors in the Slovak Republic, and the economy.
- Government Type:
- Parliamentary Republic
Index of Economic Freedom
Country Risk Rating
|Main Powers||Election Process||Election Cycle 1|
Implements legislation enacted by the National Council and coordinates the business of ministries and other central authorities, as well as decides on bills, government decrees, an implementation of the government's program, international agreements, budgetary drafts, and high official appointments.
President is elected by absolute majority vote through a two-round system. Prime minister is appointed by the president with the approval of the parliament.
Provides checks and balances among political and legislative institutions but also provides protections for ordinary citizens.
Appointment by president.
Mandatory retirement age of 65
Votes on all laws and reviews changes or amendments to existing laws.
National Council (Národná rada) members are elected through a flexible-list proportional representation system.
Regional Trade Blocs
International Organization Participation 
Environmental Agreements 
Tax Information 
- Tax Authority:
- Ministry of Finance & Financial Directorate
- Tax Name:
- ElectionGuide http://www.electionguide.org/
- EY, http://www.ey.com
- CIA World Factbook, https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/
- U.S. Bilateral Relations Fact Sheets http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/