- Chief of State:
- President Ilham Aliyev
- Head of Government:
- Prime Minister Artur Rasizade
- Government Name:
- Republic of Azerbaijan
- Adopted: 1995; Contains changes based upon its declaration of independence from the Soviet Union. It discusses the people's power, the basis of the state, basic rights, responsibilities, and powers.
- Government Type:
Index of Economic Freedom
Country Risk Rating
|Main Powers||Election Process||Election Cycle 1|
The president acts as commander-in-chief and is in charge of representing both local and foreign policies. The prime minister heads the national assembly.
The president is elected by an absolute majority vote through a two-round system. The prime minister is appointed by the president and confirmed by the national assembly.
The constitutional court is the supreme body of constitutional justice on the matters attributed to its jurisdiction by the constitution.
The president and deputy president of court are appointed by the president.
The national assembly is responsible for the creation of laws. The supreme court is the supreme judicial body in civil, criminal, and other cases related to the execution of general and specialized courts.
The national assembly has 125 members elected by plurality vote in single-member constituencies.
Regional Trade BlocsNo Regional Trade Blocs
International Organization Participation 
Environmental Agreements 
Tax Information 
- Tax Authority:
- Ministry of Taxes of Azerbaijan
- Tax Name:
- ElectionGuide http://www.electionguide.org/
- EY, http://www.ey.com
- CIA World Factbook, https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/
- U.S. Bilateral Relations Fact Sheets http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/