- Chief of State:
- President Yoweri Kaguta Museveni
- Head of Government:
- Prime Minister Ruhakana Rugunda
- Government Name:
- Republic of Uganda
- Adopted: 1995; Sanctions a republican form of government with the president as the head of government. Amendments in 2005 removed presidential term limits and legalized a multi-party political system.
- Government Type:
Index of Economic Freedom
Country Risk Rating
|Main Powers||Election Process||Election Cycle 1|
Responsible for implementing and enforcing the laws written by parliament.
Elected by absolute majority vote through a two-round system.
Operates as an independent branch of government.
Appointed by president.
Until dismissal by executive branch
Passes laws which will provide good governance in the country, scrutinizes government programs, particularly as outlined in the State of the Nation Address by the president, and handles the fiscal issues of government, such as taxation and loans.
238 members are elected by plurality vote in single-member constituencies, 112 members are reserved for women, and 25 members are reserved by legally established special interest groups.
Regional Trade Blocs
International Organization Participation 
Environmental Agreements 
Tax Information 
- Tax Authority:
- Uganda Revenue Authority
- Tax Name:
- ElectionGuide http://www.electionguide.org/
- EY, http://www.ey.com
- CIA World Factbook, https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/
- U.S. Bilateral Relations Fact Sheets http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/