- Chief of State:
- Juan Guaido (Interim President)
- Head of Government:
- Delcy Rodriguez Gomez
- Government Name:
- Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela
- Adopted: 1999; Replaced the 1961 version which was the longest serving constitution in Venezuelan history. It was also the first constitution approved by popular referendum in the country's history. Major changes to the government's structure and responsibilities are explained as well as a greater number of human rights being highlighted and guaranteed to all citizens of Venezuela.
- Government Type:
- Federal Republic
Index of Economic Freedom
Country Risk Rating
|Main Powers||Election Process||Election Cycle 1|
Chief of state and head of government.
Elected by plurality vote.
Responsible for administering justice in the name of the republic and by authority of the law.
Appointed by the National Assembly.
Power to name members of the Supreme Tribunal of Justice and consider legislation pertaining to particular sectors of national activity.
110 members are elected by majority vote, 52 members are elected by proportional representation, and 3 members are reserved for indigenous peoples.
Regional Trade Blocs
International Organization Participation 
Environmental Agreements 
Tax Information 
- Tax Authority:
- Ministry of Planning and Finance
- Tax Name:
- ElectionGuide http://www.electionguide.org/
- EY, http://www.ey.com
- CIA World Factbook, https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/
- U.S. Bilateral Relations Fact Sheets http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/