- Chief of State:
- Grand Duke Henri
- Head of Government:
- Prime Minister Xavier Bettel
- Government Name:
- Grand Duchy of Luxembourg
- Adopted: 1868; Articles include information on the state, its territory, the role of the Grand Duke, rights of citizens, sovereign power, chamber of deputies, public force, finances, and general provisions.
- Government Type:
- Constitutional Monarchy
Index of Economic Freedom
Country Risk Rating
|Main Powers||Election Process||Election Cycle 1|
The Grand Duke appoints prime minister (usually picking the most popular voted candidate) to aid in executory tasks, can dissolve and reinstate the legislative branch. The prime minister is in charge of executory tasks of the government and responsible to the Chamber of Deputies.
The monarchy is hereditary. Following popular elections to the Chamber of Deputies, the leader of the majority party or the leader of the majority coalition usually appointed prime minister by the monarch.
Supreme Court has jurisdiction over all lower courts. The Constitutional Court is in charge of presiding over cases in regards to the constitution.
Judges of both courts appointed by the monarch.
Drafts legislation and creates budgets for the government.
60 members elected by open list proportional representation in multi-member constituencies.
Regional Trade Blocs
International Organization Participation 
Environmental Agreements 
Tax Information 
- Tax Authority:
- Ministry of Finance
- Tax Name:
- ElectionGuide http://www.electionguide.org/
- EY, http://www.ey.com
- CIA World Factbook, https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/
- U.S. Bilateral Relations Fact Sheets http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/