- Chief of State:
- President Igor Dodon
- Head of Government:
- Prime Minister Maia Sandu
- Government Name:
- Republic of Moldova
- Adopted: 1994; Provides citizens with information regarding their fundamental rights, freedoms, and duties. Also outlines public authority figures and their roles in the government and summarizes the national economic and public finance system.
- Government Type:
Index of Economic Freedom
Country Risk Rating
|Main Powers||Election Process||Election Cycle 1|
The president represents the state and is the guarantor of national sovereignty, independence, and the unity and territorial integrity of the nation. The prime minister heads the cabinet of ministers.
The president is indirectly elected by parliament and the prime minister is designated by the president upon consultation with parliament.
Supreme Court is the highest court of jurisdiction. Constitutional Court judges the constitutionality of laws.
Supreme Court judges are appointed by parliament upon the recommendation of the Supreme Council of the Magistracy. Constitutional Court judges are appointed by the parliament, the Moldovan president, and the Higher Council of Magistracy.
The supreme representative organ and the single legislative authority of the state.
Members are elected through a closed-list proportional representation system.
Regional Trade Blocs
International Organization Participation 
Environmental Agreements 
Tax Information 
- Tax Authority:
- Principal State Fiscal Inspectorate
- Tax Name:
- ElectionGuide http://www.electionguide.org/
- EY, http://www.ey.com
- CIA World Factbook, https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/
- U.S. Bilateral Relations Fact Sheets http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/