North Macedonia: Government
- Chief of State:
- President Stevo Pendarovski
- Head of Government:
- Prime Minister Oliver Spasovski
- Government Name:
- Republic of North Macedonia
- Adopted: 1991; established a parliamentary representative democratic republic, separated three branches with judicial being independent of government, judicial review of legislative acts, guarantees democratic civil freedom
- Government Type:
- Parliamentary Republic
Index of Economic Freedom
Country Risk Rating
|Main Powers||Election Process||Election Cycle 1|
The president is commander-in-chief of armed forces, makes diplomatic appointments and grants pardons. The prime minister proposes laws and controls the diplomatic policy to be adopted by the legislature.
The president is elected by an absolute majority vote through a two-round system. The prime minister is elected by parliament.
The Supreme Court is the highest court of the land. The Constitutional Court decides on issues regarding the constitution.
Supreme Court judges nominated by the Judicial Council and appointed by the Assembly. Constitutional Court judges appointed by the legislature.
Supreme Court: information not available; Constitutional Court: 9 years
Creates policies and laws on advice from the executive branch, approves appointed officials.
120 members elected through a closed-list proportional representation system.
Regional Trade Blocs
International Organization Participation 
Environmental Agreements 
Tax Information 
- Tax Authority:
- Ministry of Finance
- Tax Name:
- ElectionGuide http://www.electionguide.org/
- EY, http://www.ey.com
- CIA World Factbook, https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/
- U.S. Bilateral Relations Fact Sheets http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/