- Chief of State:
- President Kais Saied
- Head of Government:
- Prime Minister Hichem Mechichi
- Government Name:
- Republic of Tunisia
- The Constituent Assembly finished draft in April 2013 but still working on it. Issued constitutive law in the interim provides 3 typical branches of government and gunarteed human rights.
- Government Type:
Index of Economic Freedom
Country Risk Rating
|Main Powers||Election Process||Election Cycle 1|
President elects prime minister and executes policies.
President is elected by parliament, while the prime minister is elected by parliament.
Influenced by French civil law amd interprets Constitution.
Appointed by president.
Until dismissal by executive branch
Votes on policies and treaties, currently in charge of drafting a constitution.
Tunisian Constituent Assembly members are elected through a closed-list proportional representation system.
Regional Trade Blocs
International Organization Participation 
Environmental Agreements 
Tax Information 
- Tax Authority:
- Ministry of Finance
- Tax Name:
- ElectionGuide http://www.electionguide.org/
- EY, http://www.ey.com
- CIA World Factbook, https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/
- U.S. Bilateral Relations Fact Sheets http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/