- Chief of State:
- President Recep Tayyip Erdogan
- Head of Government:
- Prime Minister Binali Yildirim
- Government Name:
- Republic of Turkey
- Adopted: 1982; Establishes the organization of the government, sets out the principles and rules of the state's conduct, and outlines the responsibilities the state towards its citizens. In addition, the document establishes the rights and responsibilities of the people while also setting guidelines for the delegation and exercise of sovereignty that belongs to the people of Turkey.
- Government Type:
- Republican Parliamentary Democracy
Index of Economic Freedom
Country Risk Rating
|Main Powers||Election Process||Election Cycle 1|
Limited powers and abdicates party membership upon election, appoints the prime minister and has the power to summon sessions of the TGNA, promulgate laws, and ratify international treaties.
President is elected by absolute majority vote through a two-round system, while prime minister is appointed by the president.
Examines the constitutionality of laws and other government actions.
Appointed by president.
Mandatory retirement age of 65
Writes legislation, supervises the Council of Ministers, and adopts the budget.
Grand National Assembly of Turkey (Türkiye Büyük Millet Meclisi) members are elected through a closed-list proportional representation system.
Regional Trade BlocsNo Regional Trade Blocs
International Organization Participation 
Environmental Agreements 
Tax Information 
- Tax Authority:
- Revenue Administration
- Tax Name:
- ElectionGuide http://www.electionguide.org/
- EY, http://www.ey.com
- CIA World Factbook, https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/
- U.S. Bilateral Relations Fact Sheets http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/