Author: Sarah Vogel
Are you familiar with the free webinars on the Basics of Exporting provided by the U.S. Commercial Service? These webinars have been especially designed to meet the needs of new exporters. There is no fee to participate, although registration is required. Each webinar will begin at 2:00 p.m. EST and will last one hour. Content will include slides, live audio, and question-and-answer sessions with international business experts.
The newest upcoming webinars are:
- How to Classify Your Commodity (February 23): Experts from the Commodity Analysis Branch will provide training on the Harmonized System, classification tools, general rules of interpretations and the Schedule B Manual.
- How to Find HS Codes, D & T (March 2): Every product has its own harmonized code. Learn how to classify your product, find its harmonized code and compute duties and taxes.
- Improving Your Cultural Intelligence (March 16): Learn how to identify the cultural implications of marketing and negotiating decisions, and how to more effectively function in culturally diverse settings.
- How to Identify International Markets for Your Products (March 23). Learn how to use and apply proven tools and strategies for market selection including how to evaluate cultural, economic, logistical, competition, risk and other factors.
- Taking Advantage of NAFTA (March 30): You’ll learn how make use of the duty-free benefit on exports to our largest trading partners
If you are interested in participating in any of these, visit the export.gov to see all of the upcoming Basics of Exporting webinars.