One month ago we posted about the Top 10 Global Small Busines Trends for 2009. Apparently this is still a hot topic, and Emergent Research has compiled a more pointed list of 10 expected trends for small businesses in 2009:
1. The recession drives small business innovation.
2. Government plays an increasing role in the economy.
3. Global infrastructure and stimulus spending.
4. The number of small businesses will increase in 2009.
5. Small business globalization will temporarily slow.
6. Baby boomer retirement problem leads them to small business.
7. Generation Y turns to small business.
8. Mobile computing continues strong growth.
9. Cloud computing becomes mainstream for smallbiz.
10. Small business use of online marketing tools expands.