Want to know more about how the top Japanese companies do business?
The Fall 2009 class at Sophia University in Tokyo, Japan has written and narrated a series of podcasts which explain many aspects of Japanese firm management, in addition to presenting the students' perspectives on the issues.
The podcasts and slides are part of a student project related to the book, “J-Management; Fresh Perspectives on the Japanese Firm in the 21st Century”, edited by Dr. Parissa Haghirian of Sophia University in Tokyo.
The topics of the podcast series are as follows:
1. Introduction to Management and Culture
2. Management in the East and West
3. Management in Japan-Introudction
4. Collectivism in Japanese Management
5. Harmony in Japanese Management
6. Tateshakai-The Vertical Society